MOTION TO PASS PROPOSED ORDINANCE 2016-34 ON SECOND AND FINAL READING
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF PEMBROKE PINES, FLORIDA, AMENDING CHAPTER 155, THE COMPREHENSIVE ZONING CODE OF THE CITY OF PEMBROKE PINES, BY SPECIFICALLY AMENDING SECTION 155.027, ENTITLED "ZONING MAP," TO RE-ZONE THE APPROXIMATE 146-ACRE PARCEL OF THE PEMBROKE PINES CITY CENTER PROPERTY GENERALLY LOCATED WEST OF PALM AVENUE, BETWEEN PINES BOULEVARD AND WASHINGTON STREET, AS MORE PARTICULARLY DESCRIBED IN EXHIBIT "A"; RE-ZONING FROM THE CURRENT ZONING OF MIXED USE DISTRICT (MXD) TO MIXED USE DISTRICT (MXD)-AMENDMENT TO DESIGN GUIDELINES; PROVIDING FOR CODIFICATION; PROVIDING FOR CONFLICTS; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
Summary Explanation and Background
SUMMARY EXPLANATION AND BACKGROUND:
1. Dennis Mele, agent for contract purchaser Terra Group, is requesting approval of a zoning change application to modify the Mixed Use Development (MXD) zoning design guidelines for the Pembroke Pines City Center property generally located west of Palm Avenue between Pines Boulevard and Washington Street.
2. The City Commission at its November 12, 2015 meeting approved the most recent amendment to City Center design guidelines through Ordinance 1831. The proposed Ordinance will amend those guidelines.
3. The proposed design guidelines changes include:
· Modification of the mixture of uses at the City Center property consistent with a Land Use Plan Amendment application request currently in process. The proposed uses are as follows:
Residential 1,841 dwelling units
Retail 325,000 square feet
Office 120,000 square feet
Hotel 350 rooms
Recreation and Open Space 2.5 acres minimum
· Modifications to parking space dimensions.
· Modification to building foundation planting widths.
· The addition of standing seam metal roofs as an allowable material throughout the MXD.
· Establish design guidelines for a new residential category...Click here for full text