MOTION TO APPROVE THE PURCHASE OF NEPTUNE WATER METERS, PARTS AND COMPONENTS, ON AN AS-NEEDED BASIS, FROM THE SOLE SOURCE, SUNSTATE METER & SUPPLY, INC., IN THE ESTIMATED AMOUNT OF $287,000 FOR FISCAL YEAR 2016-17.
Summary Explanation and Background
SUMMARY EXPLANATION AND BACKGROUND:
1. The City of Pembroke Pines Utilities Division currently uses Schlumberger Industries, Neptune model water meters at 100% of the water placements throughout the entire City.
2. In order to provide compatibility with the existing meter reading system, the Utilities Division wishes to continue using the Schlumberger Industries, Neptune model water meters to ensure that the meters are totally interchangeable.
3. Neptune Technology Group, Inc., the manufacturer, has supplied a letter stating Sunstate Meter and Supply, Inc. is the only authorized Neptune distributor for sales, service and warranty of Neptune water products in the State of Florida.
4. Sunstate Meter and Supply, Inc. has provided their pricing for October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017.
5. The Utilities Division estimates that they will spend approximately $287,000 for water meters, parts and components from Sunstate Meter and Supply, Inc. for the 2016-17 fiscal year.
6. Per Section 38.18(C)(3) of our Procurement Code; "City standard, single-source and sole-source commodities or services are exempt from the Competitive Bidding process."
7. Request Commission to approve the purchase of Neptune water meters, parts and components, on an as-needed basis, from the sole source, Sunstate Meter & Supply, Inc., in the estimated amount of $287,000 for fiscal year 2016-17.
Item has been reviewed by the Commission Auditor and approved for the Agenda.
FINANCIAL IMPACT DETAIL:
a) Initial Cost: Estimated $287,000 for fiscal year 2016-17 to purchase Neptune water meters as well as parts and components on an as needed basis.
b) Amount budgeted for this item in ...Click here for full text