MOTION TO RATIFY THE CITY MANAGER'S APPROVAL FOR THE PURCHASE OF OFFICE FURNITURE FROM J.C. WHITE ARCHITECTURAL INTERIOR PRODUCTS UTILIZING THE STATE OF FLORIDA TERM CONTRACT # 420-420-10-1 "EDUCATIONAL / INSTITUTIONAL FURNITURE", FOR AN ESTIMATED AMOUNT OF $69,386.55 WHICH INCLUDES A CONTINGENCY OF $25,000 TO BE USED FOR ANY ADDITIONAL ORDERS FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE 2016-2017 FISCAL YEAR, PER SECTION 35.18(C)(5) OF THE CITY'S PROCUREMENT CODE WHICH ALLOWS THE UTILIZATION OF OTHER GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY CONTRACTS FOR COMMODITIES OR SERVICES.
Summary Explanation and Background
SUMMARY EXPLANATION AND BACKGROUND:
1. The City of Pembroke Pines is in the process of re-allocating personnel and re-provisioning office space within the Police Department Headquarters and Offices. Part of this process includes the need to purchase new furniture for these areas.
2. The State of Florida has established a State Term Contract # 420-420-10-1 for Educational and Institutional Furniture with various manufacturers and distributors, including J.C. White Architectural Interior Products.
3. The City of Pembroke Pines Police Department has purchased furniture from utilizing J.C. White utilizing the State of Florida's contract #420-420-10-1"Educational / Institutional Furniture" and has been satisfied with the process and prices that have been established by the State of Florida's contract.
4. Below is a summary of the orders that have been placed by the Police Department:
Police Department Current Furniture Orders
Purpose - Location Totals
Office Furniture - Reception Office Police HQ $ 1,293.25
Office Chairs - 4th Floor Police HQ $ 2,229.30
Office Furniture - VIN Unit Offsite Office $ 19,062.95
Stackable Chairs - Community Room $ 1,775.45
Office Furniture - Finance/Payroll & Logistics Offices $20,025.60
5. The City of Pembroke Pines Police Department currently has orders totalling $44,386.55 and is requesting a contin...Click here for full text