MOTION TO APPROVE THE FIRST AMENDMENT TO THE MICROSOFT LICENSING & ASSURANCE AGREEMENT, FOR THE CHARTER SCHOOLS, CHANGING THE NAME FROM TIGER DIRECT, INC. TO PCMG, INC.
Summary Explanation and Background
SUMMARY EXPLANATION AND BACKGROUND:
1. On November 12, 2015, the City Commission approved the Microsoft Licensing & Assurance Agreement with Tiger Direct, Inc., for the Charter Schools, in the annual amount of $41,717.60 for a three year period.
2. The parent company of Tiger Direct, Inc. is Syx Distribution Inc. d/b/a Systemax, Inc.
3. On or about November 18, 2015, PCM, Inc. the parent company for PCMG, Inc. acquired certain business to business (B2B) assets of Systemax's North American Technology Group, including Tiger Direct.
4. Tiger Direct, Inc. is now operating under the corporate name of PCMG, Inc.
5. The name change will have no impact on the Agreement and PCMG, Inc. will continue to perform all of its obligations under the Agreement.
6. Recommend Commission to approve the first amendment to the Microsoft Licensing & Assurance Agreement, for the Charter Schools, changing the name from Tiger Direct, Inc. to PCMG, Inc.
Item has been reviewed by the Commission Auditor and approved for the Agenda.
FINANCIAL IMPACT DETAIL:
a) Initial Cost: Not Applicable
b) Amount budgeted for this item in Account No: Not Applicable
c) Source of funding for difference, if not fully budgeted: Not Applicable
d) 5 year projection of the operational cost of the project: Not Applicable
e) Detail of additional staff requirements: Not Applicable