MOTION TO AWARD IFB # FI-16-05 "FIRE DEPARTMENT BUNKER GEAR" TO THE MOST RESPONSIVE/RESPONSIBLE BIDDER, BENNETT FIRE PRODUCTS COMPANY, INC., IN THE AMOUNT OF $73,980.
Summary Explanation and Background
SUMMARY EXPLANATION AND BACKGROUND:
1. On November 14, 2016, the City Commission authorized the advertisement of IFB # FI-16-05 "Fire Department Bunker Gear," which was later advertised on November 29, 2016.
2. The purpose of the project is to provide the Fire Department with protective jackets and pants, for structural firefighting, also known as bunker gear.
3. On December 27, 2016, the City opened three (3) bids and one (1) "No Bid" from the following vendors:
Bennett Fire Products Co., Inc. $73,980.00
Hydro-Stat, Inc. $78,660.00
SOS Safety Int'l $91,024.20
Haix North America No Bid
4. The Fire Department has reviewed the bids and has deemed Bennett Fire Products, Inc. to be the most responsive/responsible bidder.
5. In addition, Bennett Fire Products, Inc. has completed the Equal Benefits Certification Form and has stated that the "Contractor currently complies with the requirement of this section."
6. Per § 35.19 (E) (7) of the City's Procurement Procedures, "The city reserves the right to waive any irregularities in the bids, as determined by the Chief Procurement Officer and approved by the City Manager."
7. Bennett Fire Products, Inc. submitted the required forms, including Attachment D "Sworn Statement on Public Entity Crimes," however they did not check any of the options on the form. The Purchasing Manager allowed Bennett Fire Products, Inc. to submit their completed form after the bid was opened.
8. The Fire Department would like to establish an agreement for an initial two year period with two additional two year renewals, in order to purchase these ...Click here for full text