MOTION TO APPROVE THE PURCHASE OF THE FOLLOWING LIST OF HEAVY EQUIPMENT FOR THE UTILITIES DIVISION FROM FLAGLER CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT FOR A TOTAL AMOUNT OF $200,297 UTILIZING THE FLORIDA SHERIFFS ASSOCIATION'S (FSA) BID # FSA16-VEH14.0.
TWO (2) - 2017 TRAIL KING TKT16-U TILT TRAILER
ONE (1) - 2017 TRAIL KING TKT24 TILT TRAILER
ONE (1) - 2017 VOLVO ECR40-D VOLVO EXCAVATOR
ONE (1) - 2017 VOLVO ECR88-D VOLVO EXCAVATOR
Summary Explanation and Background
SUMMARY EXPLANATION AND BACKGROUND:
1. The Utilities Division is requesting to purchase the following equipment from Flagler Construction Equipment utilizing the Florida Sheriffs Association's (FSA) Bid # FSA16-VEH14.0:
Two (2) - 2017 Trail King TKT16-U Tilt Trailer
One (1) - 2017 Trail King TKT24 Tilt Trailer
One (1) - 2017 Volvo ECR40-D Excavator
One (1) - 2017 Volvo ECR88-D Excavator
2. Per the agreement for the Operation, Maintenance, Management of Utility System between the City and Operations Management International, Inc. (OMI), the City is required to provide certain equipment for the contractor to utilize to perform the services within the contract. The equipment being requested by the Utilities Division is for work outside the scope of the OMI contract.
3. The two (2) new 2017 Trail King TKT16-U Tilt Trailers will be replacing two 1996 Eager Beaver Trailers (Asset #4446 & 2226) that are more than twenty years old and have reached the end of their useful life, in addition these new trailers will add additional functionality as they allow the equipment to be loaded and unloaded easier and more efficiently. The new Trail King TKT24 Tilt Trailer will be used to transport the new Volvo ECR88-D Excavator that is also being requested in this purchase.
4. The Volvo ECR40-D Excavator will be used to replace the 2004 Holland Backhoe (Asset # 2406) that is twelve (12) years old and undergone various repairs.
5. The Volvo ECR88-D Excavator will be used to replace the 200...Click here for full text