MOTION TO APPROVE THE PURCHASE OF NETAPP NETWORK DATA STORAGE HARDWARE FOR THE POLICE DEPARTMENT FROM PRESIDIO NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC., IN THE AMOUNT OF $57,867.51, UTILIZING THE STATE OF FLORIDA ALTERNATE CONTRACT # 43211500-WSCA-15-ACS VIA THE FLORIDA NASPO VALUEPOINT NETAPP # MNWNC-121.
Summary Explanation and Background
SUMMARY EXPLANATION AND BACKGROUND:
1. As the Pembroke Pines Police Department increased their software applications, their ability to store data has been hampered by a lack of network storage. The Technology Services Department met with the Police Department, and determined that there was a need to purchase additional storage for the Police Department, which would meet both their current needs as well as future needs that could be reasonably predicted.
2. The State of Florida utilizes an Alternate Contract Source (ACS) # 43211500-WSCA-15-ACS for the purchase of "Computer Equipment, Peripherals & Services" for State of Florida Agencies and other eligible users utilizing the Florida NASPO ValuePoint NetApp # MNWNC-121 for the purchase of "Computer Equipment, Peripherals & Services."
3. The State of Florida contract has numerous vendors that can be utilized for various products and services.
4. The Technology Services Department has identified and selected Presidio Networked Solutions, Inc. as the provider on the State Contract that can meet the Police Department's needs.
5. The Technology Services Department has utilized Presidio for various projects throughout the City and has been satisfied with their services.
6. The Technology Services Department has obtained quotes from Presidio via the Alternate Contract Source utilized by the State of Florida, in an amount of $57,867.51, which is even lower than the discounted pricing offered in the State Contract.
7. Section 35.18(5) of the City's Procurement Procedures states; "Utilization of other governmental agencies' contracts. Commodities or services that ...Click here for full text